XVIARC2011 | Who |What | Where | When | Why |How| Authenticity | Combat Rules | Competitions| FAQ | Latest News | Menu | Merchandise | Miscellaneous| Program | Registration | Workshops | Home
Information for participants and guests at the XVIARC2011.
Welcome to the final update for the 2011 Con. Yey!! It's been one hell of a ride and we are glad to have arrived here all intact. Everything is now in place for a great event and we are just finishing up some last minute items in our last great push before the event officially begins.
In exciting news we have now passed the 200 participant mark with 211 participants registered to attend. We are also delighted to announce we have also received our first participants from the state of QLD which is a great boost.
We are certainly looking forward to catching with all our participants soon.
- Camping Areas: We have cleared and marked all the camping areas as requested.
- The final map of Camping Areas is available here.
- Further details about each campsite is available here.
- A number of camp sites have not been reserved so those groups that have not reserved a campsite will have a number of camp choice sites to choose from on the day.
- Final Checks: This month on Site was dedicated to final checks of facilities and logistics that we have been working on consistently for over the past year. We are pleased to announce that it is all systems go and were as ready as we'll ever be.
- Offline and lock down - After today we will be offline and in
lock down mode to prepare for Con. We will not be
answering any but the most essential phone calls or e-mails from here on in. Unless you're communicating with us about Gate Codes, Site Visits or outstanding payments please refer your questions to the 45 pages of info available on the web or save them until you arrive.
- Gate Codes for Access: The site is kept locked at all times for security purposes.
- Gate code during Event: The Gate Codes that will be in use from Thurs 05/0407 to Tues 10/04/07 will be provided to all participants via e-mail 1 week before the event.
- Gate Code for Early Arrivals and Late Departures: The gate codes in use before and after the event for the purposes of Early Arrivals, Late Departures and Site Visits to set up for the event are available on request.
- Early Arrivals:
- The event formally begins at 0700 on Friday the 22nd April 2011.
- The site will be open for early arrivals from the morning of Thursday 21st of April 2011.
- Some long distance travelers have contacted us and have made arrangements to arrive on site on the Wednesday.
- If you need to arrive before Thursday, please contact us before hand so we can provide you with the Gate Codes to access the Site.
- While our strict policy is to keep the site on lock down for security and logistics purposes. We will nonetheless make access to the site available for those groups who want/need the extra time to setup their encampments (but not for recreational weekend visits).
- Such access will be granted to those groups who contact us before hand for such access.
- Access will also be available for those groups on the weekend before the event and a few days ahead of the event
- If you want to access the site beforehand, please let us know when you plan to be on site and the names who will be in your group and we'll send you the gate codes. The neighbours may ask you for your details at the point of a shotgun and this helps us with security.
- Vehicle access - The soft
ground is in pristine condition and we want to keep it that
way for the benefit of everyone attending. There will be
NO vehicle access down the Greenway or off the main access
roads at any time. Some (but very few) encampments are up to 100m from an access road
so we will have a small number of wheel barrows available
for participants to use to hump heavy and cumbersome gear
to their encampments.
- PROGRAM -In response to the confirmation of a
number of recent Actitivity Submissions by enthusiastic
groups, we have now filled in the time slots in the program
and it is available here.
- Recent Additions to the program
- Brewing Competition by Roy Castell
- Period Carpentry and Wood Turning by Rowan Pooley
- Combat Tournaments by Uppsala.
- Viking Tug Of war by the Wandering Minstrels
- As promised,
those activities that have not attracted any interest or
support from participants
have been "Cancelled due to lack of interest". This means that they have not been allocated a time slot and no resources are being committed to them. Of course, this doesn't preclude participants from still enjoying these activities, so if you would like to run these activities you are still welcome to do so under your own steam. In most cases the infrastructure is already in place and in some cases prizes are already available so we encourage all participants who may be interested to enjoy them.
- Payment Deadlines and Ticket Cancellations:
If you can't attend you're still welcome to on-sell your ticket
to others. Just let us know who has bought your ticket from
Any person who is still behind in their balance payments,
we will assume
that you have forfeited your ticket and will not be attending
the event, and resources will not be committed for your
If you still have an outstanding/overdue payment, please communicate
with us ASAP. We will not be negotiating late payments and
non-payments at the gate.
- Vinlands Coffee house will be serving the finest Coffee, Chai Tea , Ginger Cordials , Hot Chocolates as well as a variety and selection of cakes and biscuits. Not to mention the chocolate soldiers (mmmmm the chocolate soldiers). Come and relax and enjoy some treats at excellent prices.
- The Dragon's Breath Tavern will once again be serving all your favourite refreshing beverages as well as some welcome and requested new ones.
- Registration database Report - Some
Hard Numbers: In accordance with our commitment to
only offer honest hard numbers and not HYPE, we are pleased
to present a Summary
Report from the Registration Database as at
10 April 2011.
- XVIARC2011 Info Pack: Over the few days, all registered participants will be sent their official XVIARC2011 Info Pack via E-mail. It will contain everything you need to know about being at the event and will contain Driving Directions, Program, Maps, Combat Rules, Safety Information and General information about staying on site. It will be the final bit of information from us about the XVIARC2011 but should be more than enough for everyone to adequately prepare for the weekend. Including the pages in the Info pack and the Progress reports, there will have been over 90 pages of information about the event published on-line for participants over the past year. We hope that it has been enough. Welcome to another Paperless Con!